Ingredients: Serves 4
- 1 yellow pepper, diced into cubes
- 1 small mango, peeled and diced into cubes
- 8 cherry tomatoes, cut into quarters
- 3 spring onions, chopped
- 1 lime, juice only
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 flour tortillas
- 150g cheddar cheese, grated
- Chicken cooked, shredded, or another cooked meat such as turkey
- 1 red pepper, seeds removed, finely diced
- Soured cream and smashed avocado, to serve (optional)
Get creative with the ingredients, add sweetcorn or mushrooms.
- Make the salsa: mix all of the salsa ingredients together in a bowl and season to taste.
- Make the quesadillas by laying two of the tortillas out on a flat surface. Top each with the cheese, followed by the chicken and peppers, then place the remaining tortillas on top and press down, gently.
- Heat a frying pan over a medium heat and add one of the quesadillas to the pan.
- Fry in a dry pan for 2-3 minutes on each side or until the tortilla is crisp, the cheese melted and the chicken heated through thoroughly.
- Keep warm in the oven whilst you cook the rest of the quesadillas.
Serve in quarters with the salsa and some sourced cream.